- Thermofine heating system monitors and auto adjusts the temperature
- 100% polyester
- Lighted controller with 10 heat settings
- Machine washable
- Auto shut off (10 hours)
- Some didn't like the material and others said it didn't warm up sufficiently to their liking
As we get closer to winter and to those chilly, frigid nights we begin thinking about how we’ll be keeping ourselves and our loved ones warm and toasty. The first thing that comes to mind is, thank goodness for electric blankets, mattress pads and throws. How did we ever survive without them?
Thanks to Sunbeam we no longer need to wonder. TheSunbeam Royal Dreams Heated Electric Blanket is the answer to your chilly problems. The quilted fleece fabric is soft and comfy and the multiple heat settings allow us all to choose a heat setting that suits our individual needs.
Features of the Sunbeam Royal Dreams Heated Electric Blanket
- The Thermofine heating system monitors and auto adjusts the temperature keeping it at your preferred level.
- This electric blanket is made of 100% polyester and is soft and smooth to the touch.
- The Lighted controller is easy to operate and features 10 heat settings.
- Using this blanket will enable you to cut back on your heating bill by 10 to 15% during the approximate 8 hours that you will be sleeping.
- The blanket is also completely machine washable and includes a 5 Year Limited Warranty from Sunbeam.
- For greater peace of mind the blanket has an auto shut off (10 hours).
Sizes and Colors
The Sunbeam Royal Dreams Heated Electric Blanket comes in the following sizes and colors:
Twin – (62 in x 83 in) Single Heating Control
Full – (72 in x 83 in) Single Heating Control
Queen – (84 in x 89 in) Dual Heating Controls
King – (100 in x 89 in) Dual Heating Controls
and the following colors:
Sage, mocha, dusty blue, ivy, mushroom, Newport blue, seashell, green, brown, mushroom beige and sand.
The Sunbeam Royal Dreams Heated Electric Blanket is a good quality and reliable electric blanket for the price. You will easily be able to find the best heat setting for your own individual needs as you have ten settings to choose from and in the case of the Queen or King size each person has their own individual controller. The lighted controller makes it fast and easy to adjust the settings at night.
The Thermofine heating system monitors the temperature and auto adjusts to keep it constant throughout the night. Using this Sunbeam blanket can save you up to 10% on your yearly heating bill if you cut back on your thermostat settings.
There were some minor complaints about the Sunbeam Royal Dreams Heated Electric Blanket. Some didn’t like the material saying it was too thin and you could feel the heating wires. Strangely others loved how soft, comfortable and soothing the blanket felt (go figure).
Others said that the blanket did not warm up sufficiently to their liking.
Quite a number phoned their complaints through to Sunbeam who recommended they do the “fold test”. To do the fold test you fold the blanket up as you would a normal blanket and then plug it in. After a couple of minutes you slide your hands between the folds to check for warmth. If you could feel the warmth the blanket was operating normally. I have personally made this mistake before and only realized how hot the blanket became when it was placed beneath the covers.
Evidently there were a number of people who experienced blinking controllers – before doing anything else first check to see if the plug is inserted correctly and secondly unplug it, wait 15 to 20 min then plug it in again to see if that solves the problem.
Taking into consideration the price the Sunbeam Royal Dreams Heated Electric Blanket is a solid, quality electric blanket from Sunbeam that should meet all your expectations.